DAY CAMPS ARE CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
2022 Dates Coming Soon!
Session 2 - Ages 14-18
Archaeology Day Camp: the Power of Place
For students ages 14-18 is a camp focused on a deeper dive into why we are studing the Fort Ancient Culture at the Guard Site and our regions’ ties to this area we continue to call “home”.
The Camp Includes:
– Hands-on Guided Archaeological Experiences at the Guard Site
– Hands-on artifact curation in the ARI Lab
– Guided Archaeological Hike at Shawnee Lookout
– Gardening with Native Cultivates
– Experimental Archaeology projects
– Developing, researching & understanding archaeological questions
Four Days of Guided Archaeological Experinces at the Guard Archaeological Site & Lab with Staff Archaeologists. Camp Workbook, a camp t-shirt, camp bandana, transportation to the archaeological site and Shawnee Lookout, and a pizza party on the last day of camp.
How to Prepare:
Wear hiking clothes that can get dirty. Bring plenty of water & snacks. Sunscreen, hats, bug spray, sturdy shoes or hiking boots are recommended.
Tuesday – Saturday
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
ARI Base Camp
424 Walnut St.
Lawrenceburg, IN 47026
14 – 18